Friday, May 26, 2006

A Busy Week

This has been a busy week although we didn't have places to go for the most part. L.L. and I have put in quite a bit of time in the yard, and I believe the results are worth the effort. Of course, C.L. was around some to help out.

Lynda has also been getting the guest rooms in shape. We're having two sets of friends at the same time and that is the first time that has happened in some time. The only problem with getting ready for them is the fact that Lynda has been under the weather with a sinus infection (or somesuch).

We had Mike and Betty over for supper on Monday evening. It was Betty's birthday and I tried to go an extra effort to have something special. I think it turned out ok.

Tuesday was primary election day in Arkansas. I worked at the courthouse from about 6:30 p.m. until around 1:00 a.m. helping with the count. The new voting machines seemed to have caused us be slower than usual. There will be a run-off election in three weeks and then we will have the general election the second Tuesday in November with the rest of the nation.

Wednesday and Thursday were days that we spent straightening up around the place. We are making progress, but it will take time.

Today I've got a bit more yard work done, and I'm waiting for a guy to come and work on one of the garage doors. The door will open, but it will not close. It closes to within about two feet of the floor, then opens. Anyway, I couldn't fix it.

I'm going to call in a few minutes to check on jury duty for Tuesday. There is supposed to be a jury case, but you never know when they make do a plea bargain.

Well I don't know any details, but the jury panel has completed its duty for this session of the court. When I called there was a nice voice message thanking us for our cooperation in doing our civic duty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home