Friday, May 19, 2006

The Beginnings of a Beautiful Weekend

We did have an enjoyable excursion to the Greek Festival in Memphis. The food was even better than I had remembered. Lauri and Jeff came over for Mother's Day and had Sunday lunch with us. I cooked ham, baked potatoes, green beans with pecan sauce, fried zucchini, and spinach salad. And heated up a package of Sister Shubert rolls.

Yesterday i went to Memphis and got three rose bushes that Lauri wanted to get rid of. There is just too much shade in her yard for a rose to do well. I've got them in plastic pots for the time being--hope they survive. Now, to find a place to plant them here.

It got a bit warmer today, but it was pleasant working out in the yard this morning. Lynda and I got several things done before 10 a.m., then C.L. came around noon and he worked for two hours getting the tulip bulbs from the rose garden. I'm planting Purple Homestead Verbena in the beds with the roses.

I missed several good shots of the little kitten playing among the plants near the fig tree. I think I will just take a lawn chair and sit nearby so I can get some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home